El manicomio del Otoño

Sala de té dónde comentar la trayectoria y trabajo de Emilie Autumn, la más distinguida de entre los dementes de este manicomio.

ÍndicePortalFAQBuscarMiembrosGrupos de UsuariosRegistrarseConectarse

Comparte | 

Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje
black_angel

Femenino
Dosis de litio : 213
Manicomio de : under your bed

MensajeTema: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Mar Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm

ViolinX | EA escribió:
Dearest Plague Rats,

All tweeter twitter twatterers have caught onto the fact that tomorrow (technically today) will bring you what is undoubtedly my biggest news ever (not married, not preggers, so what else could it be, hmmmm?).

To enhance the thrill of the countdown, The Asylum has been hooking us up with little gifties, these so far being the massive discount of "The Opheliac Companion," my several-hours-long rambling mess, AND!! I've been convinced to offer up one of my most prized paintings, "Live Cargo: Leech Shipping Label."

Nay, this is no copy, but is in fact the original painting, which is, incidentally, also featured in the "Asylum..." book, proof of which you might have sooner than later...what?

Oh, and btw, guess what I just learned! Chicago is the fastest selling show on the tour thus far, followed by New York. I always knew Chicago PRs were badass, and we all cannot thank you enough!! Our excitement at our upcoming cupcakefest knows no bounds, and I so hope you are planning a pre-show tea party, because I want to smell the muffins baking when we drive in. Now, other cities, are you gonna take that? Time to step it up, my little baked goods. I hear that there are Street Team sections on this fair forum for each city on the tour, so look into it if you haven't already, and we've also posted downloadable flyers for you to print out to aid you in your valiant efforts to spread the Plague in your own neighborhood. So you see, the Asylum is opening to you...can you feel it? It can feel you. It knows.

You know, in my favorite play of all time, Shakespeare wrote, "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em," and this is the line that passes through my feeble brain when I think of the concern that is oft' expressed when one of one's favorite bands is on the rise. We fear losing the things we identify with as others join us in identifying with them. We fear change, and we fear loss -- we all do, we are not special. Besides, there's that kindergarten element in all of us that just doesn't want to share. But there's something that we all need to realize, and this is that without growth we will never achieve our ultimate purpose, and, for a musician, every new muffin, every new show, every new song only serves to bring us closer to the muffins and friends we already have, and enables us to see you more often. Without your efforts to spread the Plague, we would not be playing N. America right now...fuck, we wouldn't even have been able to tour Europe for the last three years. What's more, if we don't conquer the world with these shows, we won't be able to do this again -- that's how it works, 'cause touring ain't cheap. (Why do you think it's taken this long for us to play N. America, PRs? Did you ever consider the fact that 1. our economy is fucked, 2. we get paid a small percentage of what we do in Europe, 3. it is universally agreed upon that artists are generally treated infinitely better by European venues and promoters? We haven't exactly been ignoring you intentionally, and the same goes for all of the other places we have not yet played -- it's not for a lack of desire.)

We aren't doing all of this work (at least I'm sure as bloody fuck not) in order to insulate ourselves and lock out the rest of the world, much as we may wish to much of the time (or all of the time) -- that's not what this is about. It's about making the world a place where we can exist as our true selves -- a place where we have to compromise who we are as little as possible (as e.e. cummings once wrote, "To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."). This is what spreading the Plague means. The Plague is freedom and justice and not being afraid to fight (like a girl) for it. We have gotten this far, and we have done this together. And never forget that every new Asylum Army recruit, every packed venue, every new song, record re-launch, bit of media coverage, etc., only brings me and my Crumpets and my Plague Rats and my Leeches and this whole world of the Asylum and all of its inhabitants closer to you -- not further away.

I've opened my Asylum to you. Do you think that was easy for me? Try again. It was terrifying and often brutally painful (read the book). But you reward me for it every day, and I know now that being brave in this was the greatest thing I've ever done. And now it's time for you to open it to others, knowing as you do so that you were here first, you are the leaders, and that this can never be taken away from you no matter how our ranks may be increased in the days and years to come. In what, at the time of this writing, are the wee hours of perhaps one of the most important days in my life, I need for you all to remember that songs are written to be sung, books are written to be read, stories are meant to be told, and Armies of Little Girls and the Boys who Love Them are meant to fight.

Be not afraid of greatness. Let's have a little faith in each other not to change what's most important in us at the first sign of success, and, fucking hell, celebrate yourselves for bringing this wild adventure to the point where we even have to have our little fireside chats about such things. Be as bloody proud of yourselves as I am of you. And, first and foremost, don't forget to enjoy the ride, because the world is about to break open, and we are at the front of this flying pirate ship. Remember this day, because this is the day when you will be handed the Key for the very first time. Stay tuned.

Now, get off your tails and go have some "tea." I am;)...

With Love & Bloody Crumpets from the Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls, Block B, Cell W14, Inmate A,
EA

P.S.
The Plague: Get it. Feed it. Spread it. Sluts.

P.P.S.
The Asylum Army: Are You Committed?

Links:
muffin Forum and Home to EA's Journal Entries
EA's Official Site
EA's Official Shop: The Asylum Junk Yard
EA on iTunes
EA's "The Asylum Outcry" Video Podcast on iTunes
EA @ MySpace
EA on Twitter

Resumiendo, que habrá nuevas noticias pronto (en teoría hoy/mañana)...que será? ¿El libro? Crucemos los dedos!
Y bueno la pintura mola bastante, la podéis comprar el ebay (está puesto el link) por el módico precio de 107$ (qué pasada
Neutral Neutral ), esperemos que el libro tenga un precio mas razonable!

Bueno tendremos que quedarnos con la intriga, y mientras....Spread the plague!!!
Por cierto están ahi tb los flyers para ir expandiendo la plaga ^^ molan, aunque se los podían haber currado un poco más en mi opinión xD.
Ver perfil de usuario http://www.myspace.com/iris_black_angel
Rben90
Corresponsal

Masculino
Dosis de litio : 724
Manicomio de : Barcelona

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Mar Sep 22, 2009 2:51 pm

107?! Lo he mirado esta mañana e iba por 88 xDD. Ais, ais, lo que es el dinero xD

Bueno, para añadir noticias, que las ha soltado todas juntas XD, la sección Join the Asylum en su página web está abierta al fin, y lo que hay son Banners para hacer a EA más conocida (se puede ver aquí)
Ver perfil de usuario http://fotolog.com/rben90
Hannah

Femenino
Dosis de litio : 271
Manicomio de : la ciudad de las hadas

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Mar Sep 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Siii! Y es su cumpleaños!! Lalalala ^^

Ademas, tenemos merchandaising, camisetas! Y el envio es gratis! De momento todas cuestan 10 dolares, no llegan a los 7 euros O.O Si el precio no sube cuando las pujas esten acabandose me voy a plantear seriamente comprar una. Es baratisimo!
Ver perfil de usuario
gOtHiC MaRy

Femenino
Dosis de litio : 459
Manicomio de : Pamplona - Iruña

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Mar Sep 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Noticias frescas!!! Buajajaja Ojala able de su libro pronto porque todos los demás que ando leyendo me saben a poco si me pongo a pensar en manicomios victorianos!!!
Sinceramente, el dinero no da la felicidad pero ayuda a conseguirla!! XDXD
Hacia tiempo que esperaba que esta seccion fuese abierta!! Gracias por escuchar mis plegarias, Diosa-Emilie!!
Ver perfil de usuario
Aliena

Femenino
Dosis de litio : 153

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Mar Sep 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Woo noticias!! ^^ Si la noticia es el libro espero que no sea tan caro como la pintura y que se pueda conseguir fácilmente, cosa que supongo no estará a nuestro favor Sad
Ver perfil de usuario http://andaluciametal.forosactivos.net/
darkX

Masculino
Dosis de litio : 993
Manicomio de : tErRaSsA

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Miér Sep 23, 2009 1:06 am

Aliena escribió:
Woo noticias!! ^^ Si la noticia es el libro espero que no sea tan caro como la pintura y que se pueda conseguir fácilmente, cosa que supongo no estará a nuestro favor Sad

facilmente lo puedes conseguir ahora....barato.....flasca XD

EDIT:

QUE BONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITO LO QUE DICE snif snif Crying or Very sad me emociono....
Ver perfil de usuario http://www.fotolog.com/everdreamer15
Hannah

Femenino
Dosis de litio : 271
Manicomio de : la ciudad de las hadas

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Miér Sep 23, 2009 5:22 pm

El dinero no compra la felicidad, pero si todo lo demas, y sentirte realizado en un 99% es mas de lo que casi todos tienen. Quiero una de sus camisetaaaas!
Ver perfil de usuario
Rouse

Femenino
Dosis de litio : 43
Manicomio de : Horror City, Bs As, Arg.

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Vie Sep 25, 2009 6:07 am

aww quiero una camiseta!! quiero tener plata!! y.y quiero una vida )':
Ver perfil de usuario http://www.fotolog.com/dark__palace
Rben90
Corresponsal

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Vie Sep 25, 2009 3:41 pm

darkX escribió:
Aliena escribió:

facilmente lo puedes conseguir ahora....barato.....flasca XD

EDIT:

QUE BONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITO LO QUE DICE snif snif Crying or Very sad me emociono....

lo que dice???
darkX

Masculino
Dosis de litio : 993
Manicomio de : tErRaSsA

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Vie Sep 25, 2009 9:31 pm

si....lo que dice de los muffins....y de todos nose...me parece muy bonito... bom
Ver perfil de usuario http://www.fotolog.com/everdreamer15
Rben90
Corresponsal

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   Sáb Sep 26, 2009 2:20 am

ais, jo, pensé que hablabas del libro y me había quedado WTF? xd perdón. Y sí, lo que dice es bonito, jo.
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!   

Entrada en su blog. LEECHES!
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 1 de 1.